Research Scientist, Quantitative Silviculture
Canadian Wood Fibre Centre
1219 Queen Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, P6A 2E5
Tel.: (705) 541-5610
Through partnerships with forest industry, the provinces, and academia, Doug leads a variety of silviculture and forest inventory research projects across Canada. His efforts explore innovative approaches to growing and quantifying forests, with the goal of enhancing forest sector competitiveness through increased efficiency and value-creation. His outputs have provided forest managers with many practical tools for crop establishment, stand tending, and remote sensing applications in forest sampling.
- H.B.Sc. (Forestry), Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, ON.
- Ph.D. (Forest Biometrics), Auburn University, Auburn, AL.
- Advisor to the Canadian Ecology Centre – Forestry Research Partnership.
- Adjunct professor of Silviculture and Biometrics, University of Alberta.
- Adjunct professor of Silviculture and Biometrics, Lakehead University.
- Date modified: