Research Scientist, Silviculture and Forest Productivity
Canadian Wood Fibre Centre
1055 Du P.E.P.S. Street, P.O. Box 10380
Québec, Quebec, G1V 4C7
Tel.: (418) 454-0354
Jean-Martin develops silvicultural systems adapted to mixed and resinous forest stands, and the response of stands to partial cutting.
In particular, his research aims to optimize silviculture thinning and selection prescriptions taking into consideration stand performance, intervention costs and product value.
- B.Sc. (Forest Engineer), Université Laval, Québec, QC, 1988
- M.Sc. (Renewable Resources), Université du Québec, Chicoutimi, QC, 1991
- Ph.D. (Environmental Science), Université du Québec, Montréal, QC, 1997
- Optimization of partial harvest strategies and practices: application to uneven-aged hardwood managment (On-going)
- Risks of windthrow associated with the implementation of partial harvest strategies in softwood forests (On-going)
- Date modified: